However today I have seen several siskins, three goldfinches, two blue tits, a wren, three robins and at least two goldcrests. And I live in a town.
The siskins are a common winter visitor and we first saw them this winter in August. In the summer holidays! This is fairly unusual behaviour, as normally they are in pine forests that time of year. And now, we have had 13 or so siskins that visit the garden at one time!
![]() |
| The wren |
Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of a goldcrest, but I did take a photo of a bird nearly as small - a wren. As well as being one of the most common garden birds in the UK, it is also one of the smallest.
I hope I will take the goldcrest's photo soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I will try and reply soon.