Saturday, 16 January 2016

A Cold Morning at Buchan Country Park

Yesterday, I went to Buchan Country Park, and, unlike last time, it didn't hail. However, it was very, very cold. Most of the small ponds in the wild garden were frozen. Even the Island pond was covered in a thin layer of ice.

However, it was also beautiful too. the sun was low in the sky, (it had just risen), a little bit of mist was floating on the ponds, the frost still lay on the heath and it was just amazing.

It was just amazing.

I also saw a few water birds too. At one point, I counted 6 cormorants. The black headed gulls were, as usual, flying around in their flocks, and the great crested grebe was in the middle of Douster pond, swimming up and down. And of course, there were the mallards and a pair of coot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try and reply soon.