Thursday, 17 December 2015

A Sonnet Poem

As the winter's weather has changed for the worse since the last post I did, I haven’t been outside taking photos. For an English homework, I wrote a poem about a garden bird in the sonnet form. I would like to share it with you.


The Bloody Bird

A beautifully berry-breasted friend,
This robin was taken at Warnham LNR (for more, see here)
Found at a bitter, winter's dawning day,
The sweet song of winter walks, never end;
The brown bird is perched, and hopes to stay.
Perched on Christmas cards, on the branches,
The gardener's charming chum, loved by all.
A picturesque bird, found on canvases,
The bird we are so fond of, oh so small.
However, this small bird is a bully,
Like cats over meat, they violently fight,
Locked in bloody battles, killed cruelly,
Murdering for freedom, talons griped tight.
Forcing the many other birds out of their place,
The killer of the garden world, unknown,
You think they're sweet, but look past their cute face;
She is not cute, but has a heart of stone.
'Who is the “Bloody bird”', I hear you say,
Only the festive robin, ask her prey.
 -By David King


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try and reply soon.