Tuesday, 5 April 2016

falcons, foxes and lizards!

Last week, I put out my trail camera at Buchan Country park the first time this year, and yesterday, I got the first set of videos back. I didn't get too much, (no deer, no grey squirrels, no wood pigeon), but what I did get was amazing. For the first time, my trail cam caught a kestrel in flight!

Well, I only got 6 or so frames of footage of this raptor, so here is one of them.

A male kestrel in flight!

I also got a fox, but the footage is a bit smudged by some rain on the lens. It is a good thing most trail cams are waterproof!

Today, I went back to Buchan to have a look for adders. I didn't see a snake, but I did see a common lizard, (see here for previous lizard encounters). It was basking in the sun. Reptiles need to do this as they are cold blooded. If they didn't, they would be slow, putting their lives in danger

Basking is the best way to warm up

Also, we think one of our nest boxes are inhabited! More on that when we are sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try and reply soon.