Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Crawley News picture of the week

On Saturday the 15th of August I went to Buchan to collect the trail cams (see here). After collecting the first trail camera I spotted a very small common lizard on a big pile of sticks and twigs. I had taken my camera for moments like this when I found something to photo, (deer, mushrooms, lizards, toads...), and I was lucky that one lizard was basking in the sunshine. I took a few photos before heading to get my next trail cam. When I got home I decided to enter one photo into the local newspaper's weekly photo competition.

After this morning's trip to Warnham LNR (see here) I got today's paper. I suddenly got very happy when I saw that I had won! Here is the winning image:

a common lizard on a big pile of sticks and twigs

I am very pleased that I took my camera along or I may have missed the opportunity.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try and reply soon.