Monday, 31 August 2015

Reptiles

I used to have a fear of snakes that I have only recently overcome. Thanks to walking around heathland, putting out my trail cameras, I have understood they mean little harm and are very hard to accidentally step on. I go to a young ranger group at Tilgate Park, (run by Gatwick Greenspace), and we normally go adder hunting. Earlier this week, my mum and I had a quick look in that area and we found a female adder basking. This was the first time that my mum had seen an adder in the wild.

The video is in slow motion

Yesterday we went to Ashdown Forest for a walk and I found a slow worm in a patch of heather. I was about to step on it as it was very well camouflaged. Slow worms are not snakes but legless lizards.

Sorry it is a blocky picture

Another reptile that I have recently seen a common lizard, more on that here. It is good to see reptiles and I hope to see more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try and reply soon.