Thursday, 7 July 2016

Pulborough phone challenge

Pulborough Brooks is the closest RSPB nature reserve, (with a cafe), to us and on Tuesday, (strike day), I went there, alas not with any of my cameras, but with a phone. The task of taking great photos on a phone is easy with portraits of other people or ourselves, (selfies), but macro shots are hard. It isn't easy getting in close, and a digital zoom can massively reduce the 5 mega pixels quality.

However, the good thing was, my main subject were the sparrows. They are one of the highlights of every trip. They are really tame. Why? Cafe latte Cake. The sparrows are truly addicted to the sweet stuff. Don't believe me? Well, when we were looking at the rabbits and red deer on the field the eating area overlooks, one adventurous female braved the homo sapiens, (us), and took a chunk out of the main wedge of cake! Oi, that's my lunch! :)

The sparrows gave us a great insight into their feeding as they were so tame. You can feed them out of your hand. So, slapping the camera phone on grey-scale, I took some perspective shots of the birds. Here is the photo.


I am pleased with the dramatic result. Now off to the LNR...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try and reply soon.