Well, It has been a very eventful last week. I have been in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada on a family holiday. I have seen my first swallowtail butterfly, bee eater, eagles and much more! here is an incomplete list of the species I saw:
Ants - (not sure what species,) queen too!
Bee eater
Black kite?
Booted eagle
Cockroach
Gecko - not sure which
Goldfinch
Large Psammodromus (sand lizard)
Sardinian Warbler Red Admiral
Scarce Swallowtail
Swallow
Swallowtail
Swift
I may add some more later.
I was very lucky to see the bee eater, it was the last bird I saw. I had a mental bucket list and the bee eater was included. I saw it on the drive down the mountain, a species that I very nearly missed!
Here is my best photo of the swallowtail:
Wow! what a holiday it has been! I hope to return to sunny Spain soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I will try and reply soon.