Tuesday, 30 June 2015

My garden patch

In the back garden, there is a small corner full of wildlife. It is made just for wildlife and already has a few mini beasts inside. I would like to share it with you.

The patch has a few different habitats. There is a small pond, a small wild meadow and some shrubs. It also has a bird bath in it. The pond, (less than one metre squared), has many small invertebrates, flies and other microscopic bugs; most larvae. The meadow is a food source for bees and flies. The shrubs are a place that provides shelter. And the bird bath has many visitors like starlings and blackbirds.

But there is one amphibian that is the star of the pond. The common frog. But not just one of these slug eaters. But two. Two frogs in the pond. The pond may not be big, but it still holds wildlife.

There is one amphibian that is the star of this pond

I also think that I have seen a newt of some description.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try and reply soon.