Saturday, 27 June 2015

The litter bird

Litter is all around us. Litter on the beach, litter in the city and litter on our roads. We have lots of general litter. We do clean up our litter, but no matter how we try to stop it, it happens. Yes, litter is everywhere.

I have done a two minute beach clean (See here) and I was shocked at the amount we collected, but after today's wander in the LNR, I was shocked how much litter there was.

I mean, we found two pairs of nice shoes in a small 5 squared metre space. I don't want to make Grattons LNR look bad, but there was a lot of litter. Plastic bags, drink cans, the lot.

As I have said before, I don't want to make Grattons look bad. I saw a lot of exciting animals. One bird was a grey wagtail. Grey wagtails are a common sight in Grattons, especially in mud. You would be unlucky not to see one.

One photo I took was of this grey wagtail near some litter. I have put it into a poster...


If you want to copy this and put it up, feel free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try and reply soon.