It's 5 in the morning, and the alarm has just gone off. I walk down the stairs and then outside to count all the birds that visit the feeders at dawn. Sitting on the bench, I patiently wait. It feels like I am immediately rewarded when a large garden snail greets me. The bioblitz has begun!
 |
| Starling in winter |
I saw quite a few birds in the garden, 12 individuals. It may not be that many, but it isn't a large garden. That or the wood pigeon hogged the feeder too much (again)! Ok, the 12 wasn't as good as my 19 from the Big Garden Birdwatch, but most birds tend to not visit garden feeders as much in the summer months.
I also saw some interesting behaviour. Our House sparrows nest in our gutter. However, today I saw them mating, suggesting that they will have another brood. I also saw the blue tit juveniles for the first time this year. They were adorable, trying to fly was a real challenge!
Here are the results so far:
1 Garden snail, 3 Blue tits, 1 Dunnock, 3 Wood pigeons, 1 magpie, 1 bumble bee, 3 house sparrows and 1 starling.
Total of 14.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I will try and reply soon.