The most amazing thing about wildlife is the rich diversity of it. You can have many different types of one species, separated into subspecies, and even further down the line. I think gender, age, status, habitat and intention can be told by just one small clip of bird song or call. I can't tell you that in so much detail, but
it is probably possible. I could do that to a butterfly or larvae if I can see it, maybe even to the same brood.
 |
| A snail that was rather large and tame. |
But today, I am yet to find a butterfly. However, I have so far found many other wildlife, around 50 odd. This is great compared to this morning's measly 14. I hope to do some more bioblitzing and even maybe some moth luring later. Let's hope the weather changes for the better!
Some star wildlife:
Harlequin Ladybirds mating,
they look like they are different species, but they were actually the same, just a lot of sexual dimorphism happening.
A snail that was rather large and tame.
Oh, and the 13 cuckoo spit I found...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I will try and reply soon.