Thursday, 2 June 2016

Microscopes

Recently, my Dad purchased a microscope. When I got the chance to use it, (which was pretty soon), I had a look at some interesting things under it...

First of all, I found a dead fly on the windowsill, and after ripping of one of it's wings, (it was already dead!), I had an examine of it under the microscope...

the fine hairs on the wings under the microscope

You can see all of the fine hairs on the wings under the microscope, it is remarkably detailed, I am fairly happy with the results. 

Another thing I placed under the microscope is the seeds of the dandelion. These use wind to disperse the seeds, so have a furry sort of head. What I was most surprised about was the fur has fine bristles running down the fluff.

bristles?

I hope to in the future look at pond creatures, spider's silk and maybe some  leaves...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I will try and reply soon.